-Quote from George Washington-

"When the government fears the people, we have liberty, but when the people fear the government, we have tyranny." - George Washington, American Revolutionary and first President of the USA

Friday, October 8, 2010

Sorcery and magic

A Native American teacher of mine, from a group called "the Giving Circle" once told me that sorcery is any kind of magic that harms or manipulates another being.  This also applys to non-physical beings (discarnate spirits).  It is wrong to conjure demons to do anything for a magician, and many CMs like those in the OTO practice this kind of magic.  Manipulative love spells is also considered sorcery.  Also black sympathetic magic is sorcery.  Even a healing spell without a person's permission is in that category and I have done that before.  I once sensed a friend of mine had ovarian cancer and I used a part of a cloak that I found that I sensed belonged to that person at one time and I administered Reiki on it to try to heal that person.  My intent was to heal the cancer because I did not want that person to suffer from that cancer.  Demonic conjuarations is the worst kind of sorcery though.

Not all kinds of magic is sorcery.  A ritual to celebrate Full Moon or a Sabbat (Yule, Summer Solstice or Samhain for example - there are eight of them) is okay.  This is celebratory.

My high priestess from a coven I was in once told me that there is no magic performed between Samhain and Yule, since this is a time of rest.

Blessed Be

 -- Riverwind

No comments:

Post a Comment