-Quote from George Washington-

"When the government fears the people, we have liberty, but when the people fear the government, we have tyranny." - George Washington, American Revolutionary and first President of the USA

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How I learned to care for the Earth and others

This is how I started to care about this planet and people in general:  When I first joined Wicca, I was a "Wicccan fundamentalist" that hated Christians.  At first, as far as respecting women goes, I was raised by a strong-spirited mother, and a decent hard working father.  This was my foundation, and I was raised Roman Catholic.  I got to be a solitary Wiccan at 19 years of age.  It taught me that there is indeed a female principle to the universe.  By the way, as a teenager in high school, I had a good African American karate instructor (sensei) at a dojo in the San Fernando Valley called CPK.  It taught me good self control.  As far as caring for the planet goes, I saw episodes of a cartoon series called Captian Planet.  Then I was involved in a coven that I choose to keep anonymous.  I left the L.A. area about a year after I joined the coven I was in.  I later on had a kind Native American friend that converted me to the church (protestant).  I watched much of TBN, and saw end-times movies.  They scared the crap out of me.  My experiences with this Native American Christian from the Navajo Nation got me out of the mindset that all Christians were hypocrites (this individual was big-hearted and generous with her time, and even prayed for the rainforests to heal.)  I soon learned to care about Christians, but still had a disdain for ones that were real hypocrites. (Jesus often got in arguments with the hypocrite Pharisees of His).  I have still a disdain for Crowley students and black magicians of all kinds, as well as the people in the Craft community that call Christians "Xtian".  I got involved later on as a solitary Wiccan and do feel some churches and the coven I was in hurt me to a degree.  I have been to Rainbow gatherings, as well as to Grateful Dead shows in the past too.  I always joke about Alister Crowley getting ripped to shreds by demons he conjured backfiring on him. (someone was probably smoking a cigar or cigarette. (demons hate tobacco). 

No comments:

Post a Comment