-Quote from George Washington-

"When the government fears the people, we have liberty, but when the people fear the government, we have tyranny." - George Washington, American Revolutionary and first President of the USA

Thursday, November 4, 2010

two kinds of pride

One is self-respect which leads to freedom and a free mind, and the other is arrogance, which ultimately makes you into a fool.  There is a worldly saying that one must take pride in their work.  For example, I am proud (happy) that I know how to fix and build desktop PC's and install and configure Linux, which I once said that one needed a computer science degree to use.  Though I said this, I admit I use a very easy distro of Linux called Ubuntu, which is a African word meaning "Humanity towards others."  In the past I used Fedora Core and tried Debian Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment